Thursday 11 September 2014

Day 102 - It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

Today is a sad, dark day.
That being said, at camp we had always had a saying; It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.


One of my lights over the past decade has been the memories and friendships I gained at camp.
Amongst those friendships, there is a special group of girls that I got to know very well.
Since they were 8; playing keep away with my hat, camp marriages, knitting, dancing in the dining hall... the list could go on and on.  These girls are now in college and are probably staying up way too late in their dorm rooms getting up to no good.

I have yet to share this blog with that special group of girls from camp.
Tonight I will send it to them and hopefully it can provide some light on their day.

Girls - Love you, miss you, can't wait to see you again.  
Please let me introduce you to one of the other lights in my life.  Happy reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment